Hillgrove Secondary School Ranking and Review 2022 Singapore.
Our youth are growing up in exciting times. Key trends such as the proliferation of social networking technologies, increased globalisation, rising longevity will change the way we live and work. We must empower our Hillgrovians to be future ready so that they can thrive in this new landscape and pursue the myriad of opportunities available to them.
Hillgrove Secondary School 2022
- To nurture Confident and Passionate Hillgrovians who continually Learn with a spirit to do one’s best, Care for and Serve others to Make a Difference.
Every Hillgrovian is a person who continually:
- learns with passion and a spirit to do one’s best,
- cares for the needs of self, family others, environment and Singapore,
- makes a difference through the use of knowledge, talents and leadership.
- INTEGRITY is to be honest, upright and have moral courage to do what is right.
- CARE is the ability to show kindness and compassion.
- RESPECT is the ability to show regard for the worth of someone or something. It includes respect for self, respect for rights and dignity of all persons, respect for school rules and respect for environment.
- RESPONSIBILITY is the ability to do something that you must do as part of your job or duty because it is morally and socially right.
- RESILIENCE is the ability to persevere in face of challenges without giving up.
- This is our Hillgrove family spirit that brings us together in unity to learn, care and help one another to make a difference.
- This is in line with our school vision and mission. As a Hillgrove family, we are deeply rooted as one with our school values and passion to strive for excellence, we desire to strive for greater heights.
- The school crest is set against a clear background It is distinctively marked by a cluster of trees with trunks that are intertwined. This symbolizes a grove of trees, as inspired by the name of the school. The interlinking of the trunks represents the active interactions between Hillgrove teachers and students. It also signifies the moral and spiritual support students draw from one another.
Every Hillgrovian :
- A Confident Person
- A Concerned And Contributing Citizen
- An Adaptable Person
- A Passionate Lifelong Learner
- There are many memorable experiences from the early years such as how the pioneer batch of staff and pupils pulled together to face the challenges during the first one and a quarter years we were holding in Yusof Ishak Secondary in 2001 and 2002. We were the only secondary school that functioned in the afternoon session in Singapore. We managed to surmount all the difficulties graciously in the hosting school. I am extremely proud of the pioneer batch of Hillgrovians teachers, pupils and all support staff.
- Academic Excellence
- Holistic Pupil Development
- Staff Capacity Building
- Strategic Partnerships
- Mother Tongue Languages
- Craft & Technology
- Project Work
- Exam Matters
Consistently ranked in the top 100 in Singapore as per the Under Processing.
- [alert-success]Ranking in Bishan – Hillgrove Secondary School = 12 [/alert-success]
- [alert-note]Ranking in Singapore = [/alert-note]
Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) Result Academic Excellence
Hillgrove Secondary School has always done well academically. In the Primary School Leaving Examinations (PSLE), the school has produced results above the National Average in almost all the subjects and also in the overall percentage passes.
- Additional Mathematics
- Art N Level
- Art ‘O’ Level
- Basic Chinese
- Basic Malay
- Chinese B
- Chinese N(A)
- Combined Humanities (S,G)
- Combined Humanities (S,H)
- Computer Application
- Design & Technology
- Elements of Business Skill
- English Language
- Food & Nutrition
- Literature (E)
- Physical Education
- Principle OF A/C
- Science (PHY, CHEM)
- Social Studies
Hillgrove Secondary School involved in several performances for their students …
Visual & Performing Art
- Art Club
- Concert Band
- Drama Club
- Malay Dance
- Modern Dance
Clubs & Society
- Ava Club
- Infocomm Club
- Robotics Club
- Singapore Youth Flying Club
- Air Scouts
- Boys’ Brigade
- Girls’ Brigade
- National Civil Defence Cadet Corps
Travelling by MRT – BUKIT BATOK, BUKIT GOMBAK
Travelling by Bus – 176, 985, 945
|School Address – 10, BUKIT BATOK STREET 52,
Telephone – 65603726
Fax – 65630920
Email – HILLGROVE_SS@MOE.EDU.SG
Website – www.hillgrovesec.moe.edu.sg
|[googlemap address=”Hillgrove Secondary Schooll ” width=”300″ height=”300″ position=”right”]|