Yishun Secondary School Ranking and Review 2017 Singapore.
Our school has provided a learning environment where students’ potential can be realised and their character nurtured and strengthened. One of our key milestones in recent years is the development of the arts and aesthetics as well as the school’s student leadership programme. YSS is the first school in Singapore to have established the Applied Learning Programme in Sonic Arts. It is through programmes such as this that students are given the opportunity to explore and develop their talents. In addition, YSS has been successfully granted the Learning for Life Programme in Youth and Community Leadership. Aptly entitled ‘Leadership for Life’, the aim of this programme is to equip students with leadership skills and knowledge so that they would be empowered to be ‘agents of change’ in society and serve their community.
Yishun Secondary School 2017
Our staff’s promise to the parents of every child (Yishunite) who comes to us:
- To provide a well-balanced education for our pupils; develop their potential to the fullest intellectually, physically, morally, socially, emotionally and aesthetically, and prepare them to contribute to the needs of the nation.
- What we aspire for all Yishunites is that every child, at the end of their four to five years with us, will possess a Quality Mind and a Caring Heart. The four words “Quality Mind, Caring Heart” encapsulate the school’s efforts towards holistic education. We aim to nurture every child’s passion for learning and build his character and empathy towards others, which are the pre-requisite qualities to succeed.
- Y – earning for Knowledge
- I – nnovative in our ways
- S – ynergy at work
- H – ealthy in Mind and Body
- U – pright Always
- N – ation and Community before Self
- Quality Mind & Caring Heart
- The completion of the original school building was in 1985. The building consist of 3 different schools: Yishun Secondary School, Yishun Town Secondary School and Yishun Junior College. In 1986, Yishun Secondary School & Yishun Town Secondary School shifted out of the building to Yishun Town Secondary School. Both of the schools were under different administration. Under Mr. Leong Kah Chong (from 1986-1995)’s guidance, they shifted back to the existing building. The official opening of the school was in 1988 by the MP for Nee Soon, Dr. Koh Lip Lin.
Our School Crest is in the shape of a drop of water that symbolises the thirst for knowledge.
- The branches represent our 6 core values that form the guiding principles underpinning the school’s efforts in the holistic development of the pupils.
- The progressive growth of the branches indicates the different stages of learning our pupils have to go through before achieving their ultimate goal.
- The circle represents the fruits of labour that can be achieved through dedication, determination and self-discipline.
The blue background symbolises our pupils reaching out to seize the rich expanse of possibilities in the New Economy through innovation and enterprise.
- Craft and Technolog
- Mother Tongu
- PE Department
- Pupil Welfare and Character
Consistently ranked in the top 100 in Singapore as per the Under Processing.
- [alert-success]Ranking in Bishan – Yishun Secondary School = 12 [/alert-success]
- [alert-note]Ranking in Singapore = [/alert-note]
Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) Result Academic Excellence
Yishun Secondary School has always done well academically. In the Primary School Leaving Examinations (PSLE), the school has produced results above the National Average in almost all the subjects and also in the overall percentage passes.
- Additional Mathematics
- Combined Humanities (S,G)
- Combined Humanities (S,H)
- Computer Application
- Design and Technology
- Elements of Business Skill
- English Language
- Food and Consumer Education
- Higher Chinese
- Literature (E)
- Physical Education
- Principle OF A/C
- Science(CHEM, BIO)
- Science (PHY, CHEM)
- Social Studies
Yishun Secondary School involved in several performances for their students …
- Sepak Takraw
- National Zone
- Band – Symphonic
- Dance – Chinese
- Dance – Indian
- Dance – Malay
- Ensemble – Guzheng
Clubs & Society
- Ava Club
- Infocomm & Photography
- Robotics Club
- Boys’ Brigade
- Girl Guides
- Ncc (Land)
- St. John Ambulance Brigade
- Character Development
- National Development
Travelling by MRT – YISHUN AND KHATIB STATION
Travelling by Bus – 160, 167, 169, 171, 800, 811, 812, 856, 858, 859, 969, 980
|Address – 4 Yishun Street 71, Singapore 768516|
School General Office – 6876 7129
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.yishunsec.moe.edu.sg
|[googlemap address=”Yishun Secondary School ” width=”300″ height=”300″ position=”right”]|