Pasir Ris Secondary School Ranking and Review 2017 Singapore.
PRSS is a very special school. The uniqueness of the school lies in the togetherness of its students, staff and stakeholders and the caring and nurturing relationships that have been forged among them right from the inception of the school. This has remained a strength throughout the history of the school even as the leadership passed through the hands of four principals, and will continue to remain an important tradition in the school.
Pasir Ris Secondary School 2017
- Values refer to the shared school values of Pride, Responsibility, Integrity, Zeal, Empathy, Respect, Resilience and Harmony which guide the Pasirian on how to conduct his life (make good choices or decisions) in a meaningful and satisfying way.
- Passion for life and learning refer to one’s drive in improving one’s own and others’ lives and commitment to continuous learning.
- Global outlook refers to one’s ability to demonstrate awareness of Singapore’s role in addressing issues in the global community and how global issues can impact relationships between various countries.
We want to nurture every *Pasirian to became a/an:
- Independent Learner who is inquisitive, motivated, reflective, resilient, thinks critically, and owns his/her learning.
- Confident Leader, who has moral courage, communicates effectively, inspires others, takes initiative to make difference.
- Caring Citizen who has a sense of belonging to Singapore, shows concern for local and world issues, and takes an active part to serve better the lives of others.
- Our Motto, Pride and Responsibility, derived from the initials of the school, are solid values which we hope to instill in our students. These virtues, like sails in the wind, will carry us forward to success and work excellence. The waves which form the base on which Pride and Responsibility rest, symbolise the students’ aesthetic and moral development which complement their formal education.
- Pasir Ris Secondary School had its humble beginnings on 2nd January 1985 at Chongzheng Primary School, our temporary premise, with 11 Secondary One classes and 16 teaching staff. It was the first secondary school to be established in Tampines. On 8th April 1985, the pupils and staff of the school finally moved into the new school building. It was a day of joy and a new beginning. To ensure that the school had soul and character, the staff members constantly tried to instil a sense of pride and responsibility in all the students.
- Craft & Technology
- English Language & Literature
- Mother Tongue
- Physical Education
Consistently ranked in the top 100 in Singapore as per the Under Processing.
- [alert-success]Ranking in Bishan – Pasir Ris Secondary School = 12 [/alert-success]
- [alert-note]Ranking in Singapore = [/alert-note]
Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) Result Academic Excellence
Pasir Ris Secondary School has always done well academically. In the Primary School Leaving Examinations (PSLE), the school has produced results above the National Average in almost all the subjects and also in the overall percentage passes.
- Additional mathematics
- Combined Humanities (S,G)
- Combined Humanities (S,H)
- Computer Applications
- Design & Technology
- Elements of Business Skill
- English Language
- Food & Nutrition
- Food and Consumer Education
- Higher Chinese
- Higher Malay
- Literature (E)
- Principle of A/C
- Project Work
- Science (PHY, CHEM)
Pasir Ris Secondary School involved in several performances for their students …
- Volley ball
- Table Tannis
- Art Club
- Chinese Orchestra
- Concert Band
- Drama Club
- Malay Dance
Clubs & Society
- Infocomm Club
- National Civil Defence Cadet Corps
- Ncc (Land)
- LHL Award for Innovation in the Normal Course.
Best Principle Awards
- Staff Well-Being
- Teaching and Learning
Sport & Game Compitition
- National Zone
- Character Development
- National Education
- Partner (Merit)
Travelling by MRT -Green Line – Alight at the Tampines MRT Station and we are just a stone’s throw away!
Travelling by Bus
- Along Tampines Ave 4/ SBS No. – 3, 15, 21, 27, 168
- Along Tampines St 21/ SBS No. – 3, 291
|Pasir Ris Secondary School|
390 Tampines Street 21
Tel – 6501 0800
Fax – 6501 0900
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.pasirrissec.moe.edu.sg
|[googlemap address=”Pasir Ris Secondary School ” width=”300″ height=”300″ position=”right”]|