BOTSWANA GENERAL CERTIFICATE FOR SECONDARY EDUCATION (BGCSE) RESULTS 2020 RELEASED
Botswana Examinations Council (BEC) has released the 2019 Botswana General Certificate for Secondary Education (BGCSE) results. A total of 37 384 candidates wrote the 2014 examination showing an increase in candidature of 9.73% compared to 2013 cohort of 34 069. There were 15 754 (42.14%) male candidates and 21 630 (57.86%) female candidates sitting for the 2014 BGCSE Examination.
BGCSE Result 2020
- There were 25 186 (67.37%) candidates from government and government-aided schools and 12 198 (32.62%) private candidates. The private candidates category included 6 988 (18.69%) Back-to-School candidates, 2 278 (6.09%) individual private candidates and 2 932 (7.84%) candidates from private schools.
- Since the BGCSE is a subject-based qualification with no aggregation, the measure used to gauge the performance of candidates is the proportion of candidates who were awarded Grade C or better in 5 syllabi. This year 5 843 (23.20%) candidates from government and government-aided schools were awarded Grade C or better in 5 syllabi compared to 5 946 (24.27%) in 2013. This shows a slight decline of 1.07%, indicating that the two cohorts were of more or less the same quality.
Symbols used in the Results
U denotes that a candidate failed to meet minimum requirements for Grade G.
X denotes that a candidate failed to meet the requirements for the award of a syllabus grade.
The distribution of the results will be done as follows:
- 1. Individual Candidates: Candidates will be able to access the results through the BEC Website as well as through SMS.
- 2. Distribution to centres: The results will be sent to the centres by Express Mail Service (EMS). Centres will also be granted access to view and print the results reports through the Malepa application.
- 3. Distribution to Regional Offices: Regional Offices will access the results through CDs which will be delivered through EMS. The Regional and Sub-Regional Heads will also be able to access the results through Malepa.
For further enquiries please contact the BEC toll free number 0800 601 025