Balestier Hill Secondary School Ranking and Review 2017 Singapore.
Welcome to BHSS – a place where your aspirations matter! Here, we aspire to give every Balestierian a school-life experience that is meaningful and enriching, allowing them to learn and grow and attain wisdom through knowledge.
This experience that we endeavour to provide for Balestierians anchors on the belief that success comes from having quality relationships among all stakeholders, a strong relationship that binds us together that allows us to strive to give our best in all that we do. We seek to engage all Balestierians in learning, in meaningful activities and programmes, in quality conversations so that we are always involved in self and school improvement.
Balestier Hill Secondary School 2017
- BHSS is committed to growing a community of learners by building character and honing skills so that they soar.
Every Balestierian is
- A Beneficent friend,
- An Honourable leader &
- A Stellar achiever.
School History & Background
- The school was established in 1964 as an integrated co-education school for Chinese and English languages.
In 1982, it became a standard English medium school when the last batch of Chinese medium students graduated. In 1991, the name of the school was changed from Balestier Hill Technical to Balestier Hill Secondary. It was temporarily housed at Dunearn Road from 1992 to 1997 when the old building was demolished to make way for a new school building.
- English Language & Literature
- Mother Tongue
- Physical Eduaction
- Character & Citizenship Education
- Excutive Administrative Staff
- Information & Communication Technology
Consistently ranked in the top 100 in Singapore as per the Under Processing.
- [alert-success]Ranking in Bishan – Balestier Hill Secondary School = 12 [/alert-success]
- [alert-note]Ranking in Singapore = [/alert-note]
Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) Result Academic Excellence
Balestier Hill Secondary School has always done well academically. In the Primary School Leaving Examinations (PSLE), the school has produced results above the National Average in almost all the subjects and also in the overall percentage passes.
- Additional Mathematics
- Basic Chinese
- Basic Malay
- Basic Tamil
- Combined Humanities (S,G)
- Combined Humanities (S,H)
- Combined Humanities (S,L)
- Computer Application
- Design & Technology
- Elements of Business Skill
- English Language
- Food & Nutrition
- Food & Consumer Education
- Higher Chinese
- Literature (E)
- Physical Education
- Principle OF A/C
- Science(CHEM, BIO)
- Science (PHY, CHEM)
Balestier Hill Secondary School involved in several performances for their students …
- Art Club
- Chinese Orchestra
Clubs & Society
- Girl Guides
- Character Development
- National Education
Travelling by MRT – NOVENA STATION
Travelling by Bus – 21, 54, 56, 131, 143, 162, 166, 167, 851, 980
|School Address – 11, NOVENA RISE, Singapore, 307516|
Telephone – 62564342
Fax – 62561220
Email – BHSS@MOE.EDU.SG
Website – www.balestierhillsec.moe.edu.sg
|[googlemap address=”Balestier Hill Secondary School ” width=”300″ height=”300″ position=”right”]|